Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Heart Mod Podge

I don't know about you but I consider myself somewhat crafty.  That was until I switched my kids bedrooms and went to redecorate them. In Lucy's new room there is this ginormous wall. Since I love wall decor I had all kinds of ideas.  I even drew and painted this swirly tree with monkeys hanging on it.  Well before I finished I became so stressed about it not looking "just right" that I painted over it the original color.  So for the past few months it has remained empty.....and driving me crazy!  
I have a thing for letters on walls.  I like any letters, any size, any colors.  I even love symbols like & and @.  So I decided to make letters for her wall.  My first thought was to get large paper mache letters and cover them with fabric.  Then my crafty friend, who will remain nameless until I get permission from her to talk about her, lol, introduced me to Mod Podge!  Okay, so this may be the coolest crafting supply ever!  And it is so easy!  For me, who is only somewhat crafty, it is the perfect tool!  First I painted the outside of the letters.  I went to Joanns and bought 4 pieces of scrapbooking paper. I traced the letters on the paper and cut them out.  Then painted the Mod Podge on the front of the letters and placed the scrapbook paper on top.  Then covered the whole outside of the letters and paper with the finishing Mod Podge.  Let it sit over night and tada-my own custom wall letters! So happy!!! After they dried, my crafty friend and I chose little embellishments to accent with.  We chose things that had special meaning, like a little note that hangs out of an envelope.  Also added her nickname, bug!  These are my first pics with my new camera.  Please be patient with me as I learn how to use it correctly, lol. Hope you like the letters. And next time you have a project consider Mod Podging it!  You will Love it! Thanks for reading!
Had to show you the star of the show!!
KBO

3 comments:

  1. I love them! Can't wait to see her finished room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli they look AWESOME. I definitely like the embelishments too, very nice tough :) I can't wait for mor blogs. I wanna know all about the new camera too! As far as I can tell it takes GREAT pics for someone who hasn't figured out how to use it yet lol. Unlike my way to tricky, non user friendly, too many bells and whistles, camera. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this time I figured that you were already talking about me...hehe... This was a lot of fun! I am glad that you are so pleased with the way they turned out. Now, if only you could do my hair!!! (Just teasing)

    ReplyDelete