Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break 2011

This year for Spring Break, Andrew and I decided to vacation alone.  Gasp!  I know some of you are thinking "How could you?", and others are thinking "I'm so jealous!"  The fact is that vacationing with kids is not relaxing.  At least that's true for my kids.  And yes, I felt very guilty a few times.  However, I believe it is vital for husbands and wives to spend time together.....alone!  

At my request, we decided to go some place warm but still in driving distance.  Since we live in central Florida, our choices were limited. We chose Key West.  Some of you may be able to make a personal connection to this city like "Oh yes, we went there a few years ago." But now I'd like to ask you this question... Have you been to Key West during Spring Break????? I believe it is a totally different animal.  I suppose I am somewhat of a prude according the worlds standards and that is okay with me.  I enjoy my conservative existence.  I was naive to think that I knew what to expect.  Spring Breaks are much different than they used to be. :) 

Outside of all the debauchery, there were some nice sights.  And Andrew and I Had a great time together laughing at all the drunkards. Once we even got called "cool-for old people" by some college goers.  At first I was offended, but then I realized that he was right- we are pretty cool! :)

Here are some of the G rated sights....





 I think next time we will schedule our trip at the 25 and older resort :) 
KBO

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your posts. You are a great writer ;) Is the cute house, 2nd photo, where you stayed?? And I agree, it's VERY important to get time with your husband alone, no kids. And I also agree that its far more relaxing to not have children on vacations. That doesn't mean we love them less or don't enjoy taking them on vacations, it's just the plain and simple truth. ;) no kids is way less responsibility and less responsibility = less stress which = more relaxation. Glad y'all had fun! You are COOL!

    ReplyDelete