Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Beach Babes!

Schoooool's out for summer!.......Well, not yet, but it sure did seem like it today.  I guess the feeling started yesterday.  It was the last day of school before the Easter holiday weekend.  I had like a million things to do.  Let's see, there was packing things for Lucy's party, packing things for Gavin's party, packing things for my class party, cooking for the staff breakfast, an Easter egg hunt, a class party, parents coming in, last day for Meredith (best intern ever!:() and still had a little time to teach about fact and opinion, living vs. nonliving things, time of day and poetry!   I have no idea why I was so exhausted by 4:00!!! Anyway, after I dropped the last of my sweet angels off at the bus, I had this giant exhale.  Like I had made it to some kind of milestone.  Like something fantastic was about to happen. Like, like I had made it to summer!!!! Then a tiny thought popped in....

Tiny thought "ummmm, it's only a 3 day weekend"
Me "ummmm, I'LL TAKE IT!!"

LOL! Okay, so thats how we got to today.  Andrew had to work...surprise, surprise.  Gav went to hang with a cousin, so it was just me and The Bug.  What to do, what to do?  We couldn't stay home all day. 1-because it was too beeeeauuutifuuulll out and b-we have to be quiet at home while Andrew is at work.  LOL! Have you met Lucy??????  Needless to say, I was packing our bag.  Just in time too, cause we got a call from good ole Grammy.  Grammy, aka, my mom was looking for a good time too :)  We discussed the usual suspects- shopping? lunch? How about the beach?  

Tiny thought "ummmmm don't forget the last 2 times that you took Lucy to the beach.  Remember how she kept running away and trying to dig into other peoples' things?  Remember how she ran face first into the ocean over and over?  Remember that it was the opposite of fun and you swore you'd never do it again?"
Me  "ummmmm Okay, let's go!"

LOL! Why not, right? So off we went! My mom is great company.  And Lucy behaves for her way better than she does for me.  The drive was nice.  My mom and I got caught up on each others' business and when we arrived at our destination, Pass A Grille, there was ample parking.  Good sign.  We drug our chairs, umbrella, towels, lunch, bags, and 2 yr old out onto the gleaming white sandy beach.  WOW!  I believe 100% that there will be a beach in Heaven.  Beyond being completely gorgeous, the beach is also therapy for me. Not necessarily when Lucy is present but we were gonna give it a shot :)  We set up camp near the crystal clear water.  As I started to organize, I also anticipated Lucy taking her 1st giant leap of the day into the blue abyss.  I watched her as she approached, bucket in hand.  She moved slowly to the edge....then stopped.  WOW!  I could not believe it!  That was the beginning of the 1sts for the day.  1st time not running into the ocean.  1st time not running away constantly. 1st time not digging in strangers' lunchboxes. 1st time being content at the waters edge.  1st time attacked by a seagull over a chip!  LOL!  We had such a great time.  The day had a perfect balance of fun and relaxation and excitement!! 
1st Best Day at the beach with 3 generations!!
1st sign that when Schooooool's out for summer, these 3 beach babes will be headed back to the beach!   



 

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!! I am so happy you had a great day! I am so happy Lucy had some 1st.
    You are the best blogger ever!! :)
    I am going to miss you on Monday!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can so feel summer coming on! I love it when you realize you can enjoy the little things in life again with the kids... make it all worth while!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I hope one of those times I can join all you beach babes with my two little beach babes. Ahhh,.... Lucy is getting older. :) I remember when it was so UNenjoyable to have the small ones with me and then finally it became fun and not so stressful to have them. Yay!!! Congrats on THAT! And I just am REALLY enjoying your blog, you are a hilarious writer which makes you a GOOD writer too. I miss you and OUR beach days. Can we please have one possibly on the 7th or 8th of May??? :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete