Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

SPRING!

I am a big, no, HUGE fan of warm weather!  You already know this about me if you read my "Who am I" section :) So when the past dreadful winter season ended and the weather became more bearable, this girl was SUPER happy! Christmas is definitely a fav time of year also.  But when all the hustle and bustle, 1,000 parties, and excessive gift giving/receiving (not to mention the cold) starts, I am pretty much OVER it!!  Spring brings with it so many wonderful things!  First and foremost.....


  
He Is Risen!!!
Friends, if you did not know this, or are taking it for granted (as I do sooooo much of the time), let us all reflect.  Do you sometimes wonder how you got so "lucky"? We have an answer!!! Drum roll please........."Every good and perfect gift is from above...." James 1:17 NIV.  WOW!  I am so thankful and blessed in my life and NOW is the best time to refocus and reprioritize!  Happy Easter!!

Other fantastic Spring occurrences are.... Chick-A-Thon, of course. And by the way, in context of the world, this should be called PVE Bird-A-Thon. In our hallways at school there is a nest every few feet full of baby birds!  The mother birds are super aggressive toward all humans on campus!  You will get a few flyby warnings, then you may get a full blown knock out if you get too close to the babies.  Speaking of the babies, just yesterday, a scared and probably wingless baby bird latched onto a kids' shirt and pooped all over him!  He was in the office running all around and the secretary went and hid in her office.....hi-lar-i-ous!! I know the poor kid was scared but no doubt the bird was more scared.  Anyway, we are knee deep in the egg hatching around here and it is always exciting!! 


More good news from the home front, outside play has become the hot nightly routine.  My son is the ultimate "Indoor Person"  He even has a shirt that says it, lol.  But lately, the trampoline is in high demand and even the footballs and soccer balls are getting some play time.  I foresee some improvements in the back yard for mom and dad as well.  I attribute all of this outside time to the beautiful afternoons and mild evenings of...... SPRING!!   
Lastly, my baby's preschool does an annual Hat Parade to celebrate Spring.  This was our 1st experience so we were pretty hyped!  The morning of the parade, my husband took her to school.  He didn't dress her in what I had laid out (we had a conversation about that later) so I didn't even recognize her!! Anyway, seeing the 2 year old class come out is cute enough, but then I recognized someone I know and my heart melted!!


This is my most favorite 2 yr old on the planet.  She is a big fan of me, too, now that I came to see her showcase her Spring Bonnet!


LOL! She was little confused about the objective.  Listen people, I told you it was her 1st parade, so of course she didn't know what was going on! 


She got comfy with a friend, but poor Tytan wasn't as fond of picture time :)


We got a good smile out of our pal Logan.  I also hear he put that whole outfit together on his own!! He is def stylin'


Friends, sometimes we all feel like everyday is "Groundhogs Day" Like we wake up and do the same thing over and over again everyday and we are constantly running in a rat race.  But we have to take a moment to reflect on our blessings and prioritize the things that matter most.  Try to turn negative thoughts into positives.  Try to smile at someone in passing.  Listen to a bird chirp.  Throw a football.  Watch a hat parade.  Spring has all the elements needed to focus on just..... the little things! 
Love,
KBO 

1 comment:

  1. Great blog Kelli! Really love how you pointed out the best part of Spring, Jesus's sacrifice and resurrection. :) I miss all the Boyers and love hearing about the fun things going on in Land O. Lucy's hair is getting SO LONG!

    ReplyDelete