Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Birthday Trip!

October is always an eventful month for our family! Fall festivals, Halloween parties, and special birthdays (mine :)) keep us very busy.  This year was no exception.  In addition to the usual cRaZiNeSs, we decided to drive up to see our friends.  They moved to Dallas GA last year!  Its just north of ATL. We miss them terribly, but totally understand why they love it so much.  Especially this time of year!  There were multiple opportunities for pictures.  We tried to take advantage.  


You have no idea how cold we were during this photo.  I couldn't even take off my wool jacket for 1 picture :)




 The leaves were in the process of turning.  It was exactly what I wanted to see!  I wish Florida could enjoy some of this beauty.  

I guess we will have to settle for the beach.  Anyway, here are some special moments!




 Stayed in our jammies until well into the day!
 Best homemade breakfast ever!!


 Bribery to stay still and smile for pictures :)



 Feeding the ducks- impossible to get a good pic :)


Best buddies <3 <3


As the cold set in on Saturday night our gracious hosts built a fire in the fire pit. 



We enjoyed s'mores, sweet tunes, and a serious game of hide-and-seek in the dark!!




The last day of our trip we enjoyed the Georgia Aquarium together.  It houses some of the coolest animals I have ever seen, and that's a lot coming from me-who doesn't even like wildlife.

 2 Albino Alligators!! For real!! I have never seen anything like that!!
 Always on the brink of disaster :)
Beautiful Beluga Whales! They were so cool! Also, it may or may not have been mating season for them :/ Kind of awkward with the kids!!
We also saw otters, oh, and a bunch of fish! The whole experience was fantastic! 
Thursday through Sunday flew by and then reality came rushing back  very quickly. We are now back to our hamster wheels!  I wish it was always October!!!  

2 comments:

  1. I wish it was your birthday weekend all year around :-) can't wait for Thanksgiving!! LOVE that pic of You and Gavin kissing Lucy. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am counting the days! We had a blast with you guys! <3

    ReplyDelete